Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Look, Look, Look



Look I've been quilting, alright really piecing since this is just the quilt top, but see!





 Even more impressive, at least for people who know me, is that this is a wall quilt for our house.  I'm really good about getting projects done when they are for other people, especially as gift, but when it's for myself or my house I tend to decide I need to finish other stuff first and our stuff just gets set aside.  In fact my husband saw this pattern 2 years ago and asked me to make it for our house.  

The pattern was for a door size banner and I knew that was to big for our house, so I halved the pattern.  Luckily this time I remembered to subtract the seam allowance and then halve the block size.  However I didn't really stop and think about all the little blocks that would make for this quilt.

I'm really happy with it so far.  After it's quilted I'll add the little red berries (or ornaments) on it.  It definatly needs those touches of red in the center of the quilt.

No comments: