Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our small way to help

After a lot of thinking we (the troop) decided on a small way to help.  This Saturday is our first booth sale for Girl Scout Cookies, so we talked to the Service unit and got permission to donate the troops proceeds to the girls, and instead of collecting $ to send cookies to the troops (Cookies for a Cause), we'll collect for their fund.  In fact a few other troops have agreed to donate some of their profits, so our leader is actually going to open a nonprofit bank account for the family. 

Several of the girls in the troop have also volunteered to give the sisters their share of the cookie count from the booth sales.  I have to say I'm really impressed with our girls since our troop is Daisies (K) and Brownies (1st and 2nd), and yet they are willing to give up some of their prizes from cookie sales to help these 2.

I know these aren't a lot but I hope that this make things a little easier on the family and relieves a little of the stress.

I was still thinking of making them special journals that they can write or draw their thoughts, feelings and memories in.  

1 comment:

Janet said...

I'm not sure if you want to go there, but it might be nice to find them a cd with the song "Holes in the Floor of Heaven" I think it may be a Lee Roy Parnell song, but I'm not sure.