While I was on vacation I did get a couple projects done. After all I HAD to try out my Moms fancy new sewing machine. Here they are.
The first is a large summer tote that I used my great Fruit Ladies print on. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The other is a purse based on the free Buttercup pattern. I enlarged it 15% (the original pattern wasn't big enough for me to carry a book), used a thin fusible fleece on the lining and added a leather look strap instead of a fabric one. It's actually bigger than I was expecting ( but I like it)and I'm trying to decide if the strap is too long for me, but that's an easy fix since I have more of the green fabric.
I also have a new toy to play with. My Mom got this with her sewing machine, but since she won't use it she gave it to me YEAH! Now I just have to figure out how it works since I've never used a serger before. So if anyone has any tips or suggestions I'm listening!