Monday, January 4, 2010

Wow, where did the time go

Happy New Year!

Wow, I can't believe it's January already. I just don't know where the holiday season went. I can't believe I haven't posted since November. I hadn't thought I was THAT busy, but well maybe I was.

I did a lot of sewing leading up to the holidays, and somehow forgot to take pictures of any of them. I made matching jumpers for Daph, and my niece, and coordinating overalls for my 7 month old nephew. They turned out so cute. The overalls have a little plane appliqued on the leg in the argyle fabric.


I made a candle mat for my Aunt, a bag for Daphne's teacher, but the best set of gifts was for my brother in law's fiancee. Juliette knits so I made her a collapsible project basket from this pattern, and a knitting needle cases from here and here. It all turned out great especially when I added a coordinating skein of yarn and a couple bamboo needles. Oh I did finally finish a Christmas quilt for my family, it even got hung up!

I also became a Girls Scout leader. I've been a co-leader for awhile, but it's finally official. We are also gearing up for cookies sales to start in January, so watch out when you get a knock on your door. It could be cute little girls asking you to buy cookies!

No comments: