Thursday, January 8, 2009

Starting a new year!


Alright I'm a little late getting out a new post.  Somehow I just didn't have anything to write, but today I'm just going to type.  Hmm, let's see.  

We had a good visit with the families over Christmas, the dog and Daphne even did great in the car. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised about that.

I finished several more projects, 2 stockings, 3 more bags, another pincushion and a wall quilt for my Dad, and of course I didn't get pictures of any of them.  (hint, hint Janet if you'd send me pictures, yes I know that you've put the stockings away, but what about the bag.)

Now I'm thinking about clothes.  I'm going to be teaching my friends girls (9 and 11) how to make nightgowns.  I was also thinking about all the clothes I'd like to make for Daphne and my niece.  We'll see what I actually get done.  I shouldn't start any projects right now though, because my parent's are coming to visit this weekend and I don't need to make a bigger mess to clean.  

It's hard to believe but my baby is turning 7 this weekend.  Where has the time gone.  I've noticed that there are fewer and fewer things about her that remind me of that baby.  Now I only really see that when I check on her while she's sleeping.  Otherwise she is seeming to grow up more almost daily.  She's only a foot shorter than I am, I don't even really have to lean over to give her a hug. (yes I know not hard when your as short as I am, but it just seems momentous).

She even wants to have a sleepover this year.  We reluctantly agreed, but limited it to 4 girls.  I'll let you know how it goes next Saturday after they have all left.  Even the goody bags for the party are different.  Instead of toys, they are purses with bracelets, lip gloss and sparkly powder makeup. (no color, just sparkle)

As much as I miss my little baby sometimes I can't wait to see what her next adventure is and how she grows in the next year!

No comments: