Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Anniversary X3, Happy Father's Day, Happy Birthday


This is a busy weekend for our family.

Saturday was the family Anniversary. I know that sounds odd! When my husband and I were planning our wedding, and looking at dates, we knew we wanted to get married after Andy graduated and before he left for his new job, so that meant the last couple weeks of June. We needed a weekend so that family could travel without having to miss too much work. So we had 2 choices, the 13th or the 20th. I just couldn't get married on the 13th, my paternal Grandma had been very superstitious and evidently more rubbed off than I had thought. So we picked the 20th which also happened to be my parents anniversary. Then 3 years later when my brother and his wife were planning their wedding they decided to go with the tradition we had started and they got married on Wednesday the 20th of June. So this year we celebrated 39 years, 11 years and 8 years together. Now it's kind of fun to conference call and wish everyone a Happy Anniversary.

Father's Day today.

Then on Monday is my Father in laws birthday. The poor guy really gets jipped when ever his birthday is right around Father's day because we all end up merging the celebrations AND the presents.

No comments: