Thursday, November 27, 2008

Ugghh I'm a failure!

I'm a total failure this Thanksgiving.  Luckily it was just my husband, daughter and I.  

This morning my daughter and I decided to finish making salt dough ornaments.  We had made them Tuesday with our friends and had a fair bit of dough left.  It was great fun this morning.  We made some really cute ornaments, and then I burnt them.  They may be salvageable if we paint them, we'll see.

Then this evening our turkey wasn't done.  I don't know what happened.  I followed the instructions on time and temp, I even truned the temp up for the first hour as added insurrance.  I didn't stuff it.  I just don't know what went wrong.  It's not the stove, everything else cooks great.  Uggghh!

Even my pumpkin pie cracked terribly this time!!!!

Oh well at least my mashed sweet potatoes with marshmellows and brown sugar turned out really good!

Well we're off to try the pie, hopefully it tastes as good as it smells, not how it looks!

Happy Thanksgiving, Again!


I just had to add that no the pie didn't taste good at all.  I can't believe I'm admitting this but I finally realized that the pie cooked funny because I forgot the sugar.  Can you believe it!  Oh well we may hvae to go out to eat next year!

No comments: