Monday, March 30, 2009

Show and Tell - recent sewing projects

I'm pretty happy with how these bags turned out, and I just had to share!

This bag I made for my cousin Katie, who is coming to visit us with her Mom during spring break.  I used this pattern, but I adjusted it a little.  Katie is 13 and wanted a new bag to use for this trip and at school.  The original pattern had the top band piece being cut 13 inches wide, but I was afraid that was to narrow for school books and folders so I cut my pieces 14 inches wide.



This is the yoga mat bag that I was commissioned to make.  I really hope she likes it, she picked out the main fabric and then I added the two others.  This is also the first bag I've made using fusible fleece, I think I like this much better than interfacing, for most large bags.  I even used it for the strap, which makes it a little padded. 

2 comments:

Janet said...

They're both very cute! I really like the shape of Katie's bag.

Jana Nielson said...

I love the fabrics you used for the purse! They just pop. Great bags!

I love fusible fleece. It holds up to wear much better than interfacing.