Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Haven't we all wished we could really do this?

Today Andy and I went out for lunch and I just loved the sign that they had over the register!

Unaccompanied children will be given espresso and a free puppy

Haven't we all wished we could really do this to those parents who just let their children do whatever they feel like in public.  Now don't get me wrong, I 'm not even remotely talking about normal childish antics.  I'm talking about those parents who seem to feel that if there are other people around then someone else must be watching their children so they don't have to.  

Okay, maybe I feel like this because of a friend that I have.  As soon as we agree to go shopping or out together it's like she shuts off her own parenting responsibilities and looks at me as her babysitter so she can get her shopping done.  I understand that she has two children where I only have one, and I'm more that happy to help, but if she really is looking for a babysitter instead of a friend to shop with, then I'd really rather stay home and babysit for her than watch all three kids in the store.   This got so bad that I haven't stayed to watch Daphne' s gymnastics class in about a month.  Her oldest is in the same class and she actually told me that she was glad they were so I could watch her 2 year old and she could watch her oldest in class.  I know, I know your thinking just don't, but that's a lot easier said than done when you see the 2 year old doing dangerous things or leaving and the Mom has no clue.  So my husband and I have started going Christmas shopping or out for coffee while Daphne is in Gymnastics.  Oh well we can't change others so I just have to decide what I'm going to do for myself.  But the sign is still so tempting!!

**I do have to admit to a bad mother moment, I'm really enjoying dropping Daphne of and having an hour out and about just with my husband.  This has been especially helpful since we can't spell this year to discuss Christmas gifts and plans.

No comments: