Monday, October 20, 2008

Take time to enjoy Fall!


This is the one tree in our yard that really changes colors in the fall, the rest just seem to dry up and loose their leaves.  I miss the colors.

Growing up in Minnesota, Fall was my favorite season.  I loved the crispness in the air, the leaves changing colors, the piles of leaves to jump in.  It just felt magical.  I still love Fall, but it just isn't the same in northern Nevada.  There isn't that abundance of trees changing colors.  We have the crispness in the air but it's only in the mornings and evenings instead of all day.  I'm actually tired of wearing short sleeves.  I want to be able to get out my long sleeves and sweaters.  At least today I'll be able to open the house up, and not mess with the air conditioning.

Even without all the things I miss, to me Fall is still my favorite season.  To me it has a feeling of hope and new beginning.  I know that's usually said about Spring, but for me it's Fall.  I think it has a lot to do with the start of the school year.  It was the excitement of the new school year, the new teacher, the new clothes not to mention having my birthday in the Fall.  It just feels like a beginning.  Like wiping the slate clean, and starting over.  Like moving on in life with a lightness, a freshness and crispness in your step.  So lets take some time to enjoy Fall and not rush into the Holiday seasons.

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. 
Albert Camus



2 comments:

Janet said...

hmmm.... how does that reconcile with completing Christmas projects?

Amy said...

That's why I haven't been sewing!

See I have an excuse!